We have been asked by quite a few people for the recipe for our Nutritionist's Carrot, Orange and Oat Bread that she baked and we featured on social media as one of our ideas for Breakfast Week.
Here it is!
60 g Oats
250 g Carrots - grated
120 g Low fat greek yoghurt
90 g Brown sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
2 Orange zest
420 g Whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1. Pre- heat your oven to 160C degrees.
2. First beat the eggs until lighter in colour.
3. Add the sugar, yoghurt, vanilla, and orange zest and combine.
4. Then add the grated carrots.
5. Whisk the flour, bicarbonate of soda , baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
6. Add to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
7. Grease loaf plan with a little oil or butter.
8. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the centre.